Register To Vote
Those who meet the following requirements may register to vote:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election.
- You must reside in your precinct for at least 30 days prior to an election.
The following is required to be registered to vote:
- Two forms of identification, with one showing your current residence address.
- One form of identification must be a permanent residence, such as a driver’s license, a hunting or fishing license, a student identification, or a copy of a piece of mail delivered to you at your residence. Voter registration deadlines.
- Voter registrations are accepted year-round, except during the 27 days prior to any election when voter registration is closed. Deadlines are publicized prior to every election. Those who are unregistered after the usual deadline may be able to take advantage of Grace Period Voter registration. Contact the County Clerk’s office for more information.
Ways to Register in Perry County, IL
You may register to vote in person by stopping by the County Clerk’s office during regular business hours.
You may also register at the following locations in Perry County:
- Du Quoin City Clerk’s office in Du Quoin.
- Secretary of State’s Driver Services Facility in Pinckneyville.
- Department of Human Services office in Du Quoin.
- Perry County Housing Authority office in Du Quoin.
- You may also register in-person with a deputy registrar or precinct committeeman of either political party.
- You may also download a voter registration form on-line, complete it and mail to the County Clerk’s office.
- When registering by mail you must vote in person the first time either at your polling place or by casting an vote by mail ballot in the County Clerk’s Office. Please read all instructions carefully and print legibly.
If you change your address…
If you have moved from one address in Perry County to another address in Perry County, you need to notify the County Clerk’s Office of your new address.
You can notify our office by:
- Coming into our office and completing an address change form.
- Mailing us, on a plain piece of paper, your old address, your new address, and your phone number. We will also need your signature on the request.
- Completing and mailing the back of your old voter registration card with your new home information and signature.